Exontrol ExEdit Component
® Copyright 1999-2008 by Exontrol
Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Add an easy-to-use edit control that supports built-in HTML format, and syntax highlighting
as well. You can define your own keywords and expressions using built-in HTML
expressions. The exEdit component lets the user changes its visual appearance
using skins, each one providing an additional visual experience that
enhances viewing pleasure. Skins are relatively easy to build and put on any
part of the control.
- COM/ActiveX or .NET Assembly ( as separate products )
- Syntax highlighting support
- Ability to mark ( on the control's vertical scroll bar ) the positions for
expressions, blocks or keywords
- WYSWYG Template/Layout Editor support
- Skinnable Interface support ( ability to apply a skin to the any
background part, including the scroll bars )
- Incremental Search support
- Locked. Unlocked lines support
- Find and Replace support
- Multi levels Undo/Redo support
- Overstrike, Insert mode support.
- Ability to assign multiple lines HTML tooltip to any keyword
- Ability to define multiple lines expressions (blocks, multiple lines
- Ability to assign icons and colors to any line
- Ability to define the HTML format for numbers
- Code completion support
- Fast and fully customizable
- OLE Drag and Drop support.
- Context sensitive support
- Built-in HTML support
- Ability to load icons using the BASE64 encoded strings
- Bookmarks support
- Ability to display the control's text using built-in HTML tags
- Ability to define sensitive keywords and expressions using built-in HTML tags
- Ability to load or save files
- Ability to put a picture on control's background
- Ability to select a rectangular area using ALT key
- Autoindent and brackets automatic indenting
- Any font supported, no true type font required
- Ability to display a line number border
- Ability to insert lines, delete lines on the fly
- Ability to assign icons and colors for any line.
- ANSI and UNICODE versions available
- IME ( Input Method Editor ) support
- FAQ... Most
of the frequently questions are here
exEdit is a trademark of Exontrol Software, Inc.