Exontrol ExContextMenu Component
® Copyright 1999-2015 by Exontrol. All Rights Reserved.
The eXContextMenu component displays and handles a context menu (also called contextual, shortcut, and popup or pop-up menu). A context menu is a menu in a graphical user interface (GUI) that appears upon user interaction, such as a right-click mouse operation. The eXContextMenu component is written from scratch, and does NOT use the system's popup menu. For instance, the /NET's System.Windows.Controls.ContextMenu does not support a modal form, so you have to assign a handler for each item, instead the eXContextMenu component waits for the user to make the selection, and returns the selected values. Also another major difference is that the System.Windows.Controls.ContextMenu is closed once any item is clicked, while in the eXContextMenu component, this is not required, so you can check multiple check boxes, and when you click outside, the Select method returns the selected values.
The features include:
- Available as /COM, /NET or /WPF
- Ability to wait for user to select one or more values, as modal
- Ability to specify when to close the context menu, not necessary a single click
- Incremental Search / Shortcut Keys support (Ability to display/filter the items that match the typing characters)
- Ability to load/save the menu from strings like "Item 1[bld],Item2[chk]", without having to call the Add method
- Ability to group the items, so a sub-menu can be shown in the current item
- Keyboard and Mouse Wheel support
- Skinnable Interface support ( ability to apply a skin to any item )
- Ability to define the round frame for the context menu, using the EBN objects.
- Check box / Radio button support
- Ability to use any ActiveX control inside sub menus
- Ability to assign EDIT, MASK, COLOR, FONT, SPIN, SLIDER, SCROLLBAR, PROGRESS, ... fields to any item
- Multi-lines HTML Tooltip support for any item
- Images / Icons support
- Partially Translucent support
- Ability to scroll the menu items
- HTML support, including text decorations like shadow, outline or gradient text
- Ability to query at once the entire menu for all items being checked, or radio buttons, that contains EDIT fields, and so on
- and more...
ExContextMenu is a trademark of Exontrol.COM Software.